2 Ways Your Communication Suffers You’re Tragic Or Comedic

My communication relies on you, the reader, understanding the words I’m using, why? Because if you don’t, you may not read the rest of this post.

And it’s essential for you to read this post if you have any difficulties in communicating with others.

Because there are times when you have trouble getting people to understand you, which is not only emotionally upsetting it also holds you back in life.

And just so you know, it was the ancient Romans who first identified the difference between pantomime and mime. Pantomimes were tragic actors who performed in complete silence, while mimes were comedic and sometimes even spoke.

Confusing the two may not be a big problem in your life today, but when people are confused about what you are trying to communicate, that can be a big problem.

Sometimes not being understood can be comedic, but it can be tragic too.

Tragic because it happens all too often, and mostly with people you care about and who care about you.

But why does communication with family members, loved ones and business acquaintances continue to happen?

Often because people put all their importance on the actual words they use, and that’s a huge mistake.

Why?

Well, according to George Miller, who has held Professor of Psychology positions at Harvard University and Rockefeller University, words make up only 7% of your communication.

Let me say that again only louder – WORDS MAKE UP ONLY 7% OF YOUR COMMUNICATION.

So if you only depend on the words you use to say what you mean, and words are only 7% of your communication, can you see how the other 93% of your communication being absent can be causing you huge problems?

Just in case it’s not as clear as I would like it to be, let me give you a visual. In the box below are 7% of all the words in this blog post.  Can you understand what I’m saying from only that 7% of my communication?

My communication relies on you, the reader, understanding the words I’m using, why?  Because if you don’t, you may not read the rest of this post.

If others are seeing your communication as tragic or comedic, it’s time you learned to communicate at 100%

 

 

 

Please Share
Bob Clarke
 

Hi I’m Bob Clarke, writer of most of these blog posts. I’m also the Co-Creator, with my wife Ronda, of the Most Comprehensive NLP Training and Coaching Program Online. Our purpose is to bring NLP to you, saving you time, travel and money.

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below 0 comments