Marc Hannon: Success Strategies Interview by Ronda
Ronda’s guest on Success Strategies with the Experts is Marc Hannon. Marc is a licensed behavioral health specialist in the State of Washington and a member of the American Counseling Association. He graduated with distinction from Capella University’s masters program in counseling, and is also a National Certified Counselor and a Neuro-Linguistic Practitioner. In his private practice, Marc combines both traditional psychotherapy, mindfulness training as well as NLP to help people recovering from anxiety, depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
(Scroll down to see Bonus NLP technique before listening)
Bonus NLP technique!
Have an intent before reading, listening, or watching information.
I.E., ask yourself questions about what you want to gain from the information. To help you out, we have created some questions below.
Ask yourself these questions before listening to the audio:
● How did Mark get into counseling?
● What did Ronda say helps the counselor connect with the person
they are counseling?
● How does Mark describe his style or approach to his counseling?
● Where does Mark say personal growth often comes from what type of
experience or process?
● Mark says he works with a non-judgemental attitude; how does that
help his client?
● How do Mark and Ronda explain their memory of early painful
experiences with anxiety and other problems?
● Where does Mark say he wants his clients to be when he has finished
● Mark and Ronda agree that it’s not always possible to change from
one extreme to another, although people can do it. How do they
agree that they usually get people to change?
● Again Mark and Ronda agree that it’s not about the client going from
one extreme to another, but it is all about the client doing what?
● Mark says certain things make the process of therapy or coaching easier; what’s one thing that he mentions?
● What type of modalities does Mark use in his practice to achieve the goals of helping his clients?
● Mark wants his clients to discuss their thoughts because they are important. Why are they important, according to Mark?
● Mark says that many people are not living in the present; they are doing what?
● What are some of Mark’s benefits from using NLP, and what benefits do his clients get?
● How specifically does Mark use NLP, or has his clients use NLP to get past their problems?
● What type of conditions does Mark specialize in treating?
● What are some of the issues Mark faces with clients who are
● Who else is affected by the problems the veterans are having?
● What’s a simple example that Ronda uses to help take clients
to the next level or even assist in getting past the first step?
● According to Mark, how does being flexible help the therapist help the
● As a counselor, what does Mark do to keep himself in good mental
shape after working with people all day? What’s one of the releases
that Ronda has after working with a client?
● What does Mark say is one of the main causes of burnout in the field
of counseling or therapy?
● Why do Ronda and Mark say that females are more susceptible to
● What makes recovery faster for a person with mental health
problems, according to Mark?
● What was the saying that Ronda’s father had that stuck with her and
resonates so well with her?
● What does Ronda say you can do when you have achieved a realistic