Jeff Wilson: Success Strategies Interview by Ronda
Ronda’s guest on Success Strategies with the Experts is Jeff Wilson. Jeff is a professional mediator and president of PhoenixMediations. Graduated from the University of Guelph and a diploma from McMaster University in Family Mediation, Advanced Certificates from York University, the University of Waterloo in Dispute Resolution, Conflict Management and Mediation a Certified NLP Practitioner and more as you will hear. Jeff is dedicated to helping individuals and businesses resolve conflict and move forward by providing a caring mediation environment that is safe, balanced and secure.
Jeff Wilson Mediator
(Scroll down to see Bonus NLP technique before listening)
Bonus NLP technique!
Have an intent before reading, listening, or watching information.
I.E., ask yourself questions about what you want to gain from the information. To help you out, we have created some questions below.
Ask yourself these questions before listening to the audio:
● How did Jeff answer when Ronda asked him how he chose the profession of Mediation?
● Jeff worked in a number of professions, Children’s Aid Society – Family Services, the courts, as a union steward. What was the commonality he saw working with these groups?
● What did Jeff think was a far better way to work with conflict?
● And what would the better result be?
● What was the benefit to Jeff when he left the courts and took special
● What does Jeff say is the key in the situation she handles?
● What is Mediation, as Jeff explains it?
● What is Jeff’s responsibility as a mediator?
● Jeff says the mediator doesn’t decide on how the dispute
is resolved – who is that left up to?
● Jeff gives a list of the benefits of using mediators; can you name at
least 3 of them?
● Jeff also gives a list of things people need a mediator for; can you
name at least 3 of them?
● What is Elder Mediation, and why is it important?
● Can you imagine yourself someday needing a mediator?
● What is the main difference between using a mediator or using the courts in a family situation?
● Can Mediation be done over the phone as well as face to face?
● What about Skype mediation?
● What State is doing a trial project with Skype mediation?
● Not all mediators are equal. How does a person needing Mediation
pick the right mediator?
● With all the courses taken and experience gained how and why did
Jeff take Life Potential Developments NLP Training Online?
● How many ways did Jeff say he benefitted from Life Potential Developments’ NLP Training?
● Jeff gives tips for people who are going through a divorce; what is the
● What are some communication methods recommended?
● And what should parents in a divorce never do?
● What should people in a divorce avoid doing?
● Can mediators be used after a divorce, and for what purposes?
● Jeff likes to give his clients skills they can take into the future so they
can deal with conflicts with confidence and respect. What types of skills does Jeff mention?